Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hurricane

Psalm 148:8
8 lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding,


I thought this was a fitting scripture to Hurricane Gustav. I fully believe that the prayers of God's people, God heard and the stormy winds did his bidding.

We went through the hurricane fine. Lost power, cell phones and our dial-up phone, but even though it was hot and humid is was really a peaceful time. No phones ringing, no tv, no company(my house is like wal-mart, we always have someone over) it was really nice.
Then Bible study I am doing I worked on three weeks of work simply because there was nothing else to do.

I really feel like I have been on vacation and I am extremely well rested.

I would like to thank everyone for their prayers. Because God really does listen.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Praising God for keeping his hand on you all!!!

He literally gave you peace in the storm!!

I love it when the t.v. is off and the house is a little quieter. We do get so much done.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Blessings,
Patty